Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Review: Books of Blood: Volume 1

Books of Blood: Volume 1 Books of Blood: Volume 1 by Clive Barker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've tried reading Barker a couple of times and given up. MISTER B GONE and SCARLET GOSPELS are two that spring to mind.
Now I know that Barker has some hardcore fans and they're always shocked when I say I haven't liked anything I've read.When I tell them the titles I tried they are never surprised. It appears I picked two of his weakest....
Anyway, the one recommendation that always comes up is BOOKS OF BLOOD.I had a voucher for a free audiobook so thought I'd give this one a go. SOOOO happy I did! This is the Barker I always hoped to find when I read his work. The guy that I know created Hellraiser and Candyman! I really, really enjoyed it. Some stories more than others, but that's normal.
End result anyway is, I will definitely be trying out more Barker.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment