Search This Blog

Monday 2 March 2015

Review: The Rising


The Rising
The Rising by Brian Keene

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Firstly, I have never read a zombie book before. They just haven't ever appealed to me. Zombie films, yes, books, no. But I've read other stuff by Brian Keene so I thought I would give it a go.
This is so different to a normal zombie story. For a start, the zombies have a good level of intelligence. Which I think makes them even more scary!
When I first started the story I thought I might have given up quite quickly. I thought it was going to be stupid (ahem, zombie goldfish) but trust me. Do no let that put you off!
There is far more than just human zombies in this story, it's all animals all shapes and sizes, and I assure you. It may sound silly, but in the book it is terrifying!
I would definitely recomment this to any horror fans. I will be adding the sequel to my TBR list immediately.

One more thing, that ending.........Brian Keene, you asshole!

All reviews can be found at http://lennonslair.blogspot.co.uk



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment