Search This Blog

Friday 20 February 2015

Review: Shattering


Shattering
Shattering by J.D Evies

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Not for me this one I'm afraid. I think perhaps the category was misleading as this was placed in "Thriller"
While the thought and subject of the story may be tense, I certainly would not call it a thriller.
Perhaps more "political fiction" or something similar to that.
The writing itself while quite good at times also felt a bit pretentious. As if the writer maybe thought his readers are possibly beneath him and wouldn't fully understand his point. (as follows the subject of the story).
The idea itself is very true to life and very frightening, I just think that it wasn't portrayed quite as well as it could have been.

All reviews can be found at http://lennonslair.blogspot.co.uk/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment