Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Review: Just a Story


Just a Story
Just a Story by Teresa Vanmeter

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



OK, I usually just leave my opinion on a book, but with this one I get the feeling the author may be quite young and new to writing? So I thought I would leave a little bit more detail.

This is a short story. I was able to read the whole thing while eating my sandwich, which was good because that's exactly what I was wanting to do.

The story itself wasn't too bad, the idea was good. It had a creepy vibe. The problem was it seemed to sort of jump from here to there and had a sort of rambling tone to it.
The grammar could use a looking at (some mis-use of "your/You're" etc) and one thing that really stood out, adverbs! So many adverbs! So much so that I found myself suddenly oddly attracted towards them. Seriously though, they stood out.

Like I say, the idea was good, but could just use a little work on the writing.

Not a bad attempt.

All reviews can be found at lennonslair.blogspot.co.uk



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment