Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Review: Swan Song


Swan Song
Swan Song by Robert McCammon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I actually read this book a year ago, but even now my mind keeps drifting back to eat. I've noticed that I am constantly comparing books I'm reading now to this book.
So this made me think, for this book to still have such an impression on me even a year after I've read it, I obviously enjoyed it a lot more than I originally thought.
Changing my 4 star review to a 5 star and leaving my original review below.
I think when I look back that this could possibly be one of my favorite books of all time.





Well, it took me a month, but I finished it! This was a mammoth off a book at nearly a thousand pages. Really enjoyed it, completely different from anything I've ever read before. I think being honest the book could quite easily have been written and have been just as effective in maybe five or six hundred pages. It seemed to dwindle and stagger quite a few times. Overall though it is a brilliant powerful story and gives quite a frightening view into a post apocalyptic world. I would recommend this book to anyone at all who enjoys reading



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment