Search This Blog

Friday 30 January 2015

Review: I'll Be Damned


I'll Be Damned
I'll Be Damned by Andrew Hannon

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Ok, first point! If you are going to release your book in parts, then actually state that. This book is PART ONE of a story, I didn't know that because it hadn't said it was until the very end!
I actually stumbled across this book searching my own name on iBooks. No im not self obsessed, I was just checking if my story was on there yet.
Anyway, it had a pretty cool cover and the blurb sounded ok.
Well, the story. I don't want to give any spoilers away, although nothing really happened so it would be quite difficult to do that anyway.
The "possession" is very very briefly touched upon and being honest sounds like a straight rip off from "The Exorcist" (possessed man jumps out of window) that's not a spoiler by the way. It's in the blurb! It's also pretty much the only bit of the possession you hear about.
Other than that, a kid goes to the park with his uncle to get ice cream. The father goes to work.
Then 15 of the 60 page story! 25% of the story! is just a background story on the priest and why he became a priest!!
Just as it started to actually get into any kind of story, it ended and I was told part 2 will be available soon.
Well I'm sorry I won't be reading it. Maybe if you told me that this was just an intri I would've waited and maybe enjoyed the book more knowing it was maybe just a bit slow moving but might eventually get somewhere. But instead you have released something advertised as a stand alone book which is basically a story of nothing happening at all!
I'm sorry I'm not usually so negative, but this just pissed me off. Feel like I was conned.

All reviews can be found at http://lennonslair.blogspot.co.uk



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment